Marcia E. Brubeck, JD, MSW, LCSW, is a graduate of the University of Connecticut Schools of Law and Social Work. In addition to being a member of the Connecticut bar and a licensed clinical social worker, I am a diplomate of clinical forensic counseling, a certified school social worker, and a member of the Clinical Social Work Association and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
Prior to opening my private practice in 2000, I provided individual, group, and family therapy in inpatient and partial hospital settings and in extended day treatment programs for children. As a practicing psychotherapist and advocate, I have helped hundreds of children, adults, couples, and families.
Before becoming a social worker, I edited scholarly books in the humanities and social sciences, including psychology. Although I am a member of the Connecticut bar, I have never practiced law.
In my spare time, I enjoy puzzles and strategy games, antiques, walking in nature, art films, gardening, baking bread, reading fiction and nonfiction, and writing nonfiction. For several years I produced a community access television program in West Hartford called Great Kids, Great Families.
I am the author of
- The Ideal Partner Identikit: A Do-It-Yourself Field Guide
- Find Your Bliss: How to Know What You Want
- Love More, Fight Less: Skills to Make Your Relationship Last
- How to Make a Bad Husband Better in 18 Easy Steps
- How to Sweeten a Sour Wife
- Dr. Marbles’ Everyday Marvels: Behavior Magic for Parents
- Places to Go Near Central Connecticut: Day Trips for Families.
To learn more about my services, or for an appointment, call 860-231-1997 or email me today.